Rabu, 22 Juni 2011

sometimes Internet is quite difficult to access by Indonesian College Students


You know what?
When I want to comment on one of the posting in subject:

"How Do People use technology fot language learning"
posted by Teaching Learning English with ICT blog, in May 2, 2011,




I have do it repeat and repeat again continuously. I have done it for more than 50 times already, and still, I can not entering my comment on that blog. I don't know why this is happened to me. then, I asked some friends about it and they say,"we have the same problem!". But I never give up. I'm still continuing to enter my comment although it's never give me a good chance. So, in this posting, I want to include my comment In Teaching Learning English with ICT's blog, if there are no chance to me to enter my comment in the real blog actually. Here it is.


well, I think youtube is one of the most useful website in our teaching learning process (if we use it correctly). I give several examples that are showing us that youtube is important, especially for us who learn English as second languages. Youtube give us chances to be able to doing communicate with foreign people. besides that, by using youtube video, we can found a lot of video that are very useful. I have some experiences for that. for example, when I want to see the debating video for Academic debate contest in America, I just have to go to visit this website and I found many of the videos. oh, I remember the time when I want to search some videos in 'making a cup of coffee' that is I want use to support my delivery lesson plan in TEFL class, I download it from youtube, too. when we get confuse about how to pronounce the vowels, consonants, and diphthongs in English spelling in phonology class, we can use this website to download or just see the videos how the native speaker speak in English fluently. I think we all are already use the youtube also in order to promote our blogs to the others. Now I want to introduce a website that is very useful for us, too.

http://www.mylot.com

have you ever been go to this web address above before? it is a kind of social network that is very interesting. in this web, we can share our ideas and our problem solving, of course our education need as well. this web also give us a chance to earn money by ourselves. it is quite easy. we just start our own discussion or comment in to others discussion/posting, then we can earn money (dollars). I am already a member of it, but I don't want the money actually, I just want to improve English skill (because everything in this web is in English) and share my ideas with others. we can post anything, but based on the type of the posting. In this website, there are many type of discussion that are we can share with. for example, education, school, English, food, campus, travel, student, reading, listening, writing, speaking, health, love, music, movies, sports, and many more. they are all in interest's group. So, what you're waiting, just join to this group and enjoy the discussion...

Posted by: Onten Juliantini


I give this example of one of the problems about the difficulties in accessing internet for Indonesian people. Someone told me that it is because of the limited bandwidth that are Indonesian have. Someone else told me also that it is because of the signal of my CDMA are very slow to be gotten by my modem. I still do not know why...

Mr.Cary, who is one of the foreign lecturer in FKIP UNTAN Pontianak, from Alabama, said that "Indonesia can be more successful compare to the other countries including America, Japan, China, and others, if the government increase the limit of internet bandwidth, because there are many Indonesian people that are very smart and diligent. Indonesian people have to know more knowledge outside."



I think it is because ICT is very important for us, nowadays.

Posted by: ONTEN JULIANTINI

1 komentar:

  1. Mylot.com, wow... I have never been go to that web, thank a lot, this is help me to improve language. Greet..

    BalasHapus